PACA Small Business Tool Box
Welcome to the Professional Aerospace Contractors Association of New Mexico Small Business Program! Small businesses provide vital roles in supporting and building the aerospace industry – service, supply, construction and through research and development. Lenny Bean, the Small Business Chair represents PACA and the PACA Board of Directors in their commitment to upholding their key objectives:
- Promoting and facilitating business collaborations between large businesses and small businesses
- Assuring the interests of small businesses, and PACA membership, are represented to the Board of Directors
- Engaging Government and businesses in the existence, capabilities and needs of the small businesses represented in PACA.
To that end, we provide the following reminders and information – whether you’re a seasoned business owner or newly formed, I encourage you to keep current, keep visible and keep compliant for contracting opportunities.
Compliance with Federal Registrations
Networking and Training
- Engage and Connect! Visit PACA’s News & Events page for a list of Organization and Association meeting and networking opportunities. Don’t forget PACA’s monthly luncheon the third Tuesday of every month!
- Check out www.edcalendar.org – events and training around New Mexico aimed at helping small business across all aspects – contracting, accounting, and human resources – a great resource!
Businesses are often torn between attending events of which organizations and associations and how to invest both their time and money wisely. Most programs involve guest/keynote speakers or specific forums that will be addressed in their meetings – visit their websites, develop a networking plan unique for that organization/event and shop the events you believe will result in opportunities that complement and drive achievement of your business plan objectives.
If you need assistance in establishing a networking plan contact PACA’s “Small Business Board Member”, Lenny Bean email@example.com 505-224-5966 or www.nmptap.org. Lenny is a Procurement Advisor with the Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP), whose services are provided at no cost to businesses.
Small Business Resources are available for each stage of your business
- U.S. Small Business Administration New Mexico District publishes an annual Resource Guide filled with relevant business information about SBA programs, contact information across the state for business connections and contact information for small business representatives (free or low cost). The New Mexico Small Business Resource Guide and links to individual state guides is http://www.smallbusiness3.com/magazine – you may also obtain a hard copy from the SBA New Mexico District Office, the SCORE office, or any of the New Mexico Small Business Development Centers.
- SBA – New Mexico
- SCORE (www.score.org or www.abqscore.org) – SBA’s largest national resource partner with successful business owners helping small businesses for the life of their business – Dar Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) of PACA is also a SCORE Certified Mentor
- New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network
- New Mexico Procurement Technical Assistance Program NOTE: Lenny Bean is our PACA Small Business Officer and represents PTAP – email@example.com
- Women’s Economic Self Sufficiency Team
- Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA – Department of Commerce)
- Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) – Richard Coffel, New Mexico VBOC Director, RichardL.Coffel@state.nm.us
- Veterans Procurement Assistance Center – Archie Garcia, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women Veterans of New Mexico – http://www.womenveteransofnewmexico.org/ – WVofNM@gmail.com
- WESST, https://www.wesst.org/
News and Information of Interest:
- SBA E-Newsletter Subscription Center
- “Where in Federal Contracting”
- Federal Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) Directors Interagency Council (OSDBU Council). The OSDBU is tasked with ensuring that each Federal agency and their large prime vendors comply with federal laws, regulations, and policies to include small business concerns as sources for goods and services as prime contractors and subcontractors.
Legislation and Regulation
Business, regardless of size, has a vested interest in process, controls and regulatory impacts of legislation. Small Business initiatives are very active and I encourage you to sign up for newsletters and notifications of changes and new legislative development activities – lend your voice!
- U.S. House Small Business Committee
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- New Mexico Legislature Committee on Business & Industry
- Code of Federal Regulations
I hope you find this information useful – please do not hesitate to contact me. I am your PACA Small Business Officer!
Small Business Officer – PACANM