PACA provides educational support to high school, undergraduate and graduate students in engineering, science and related fields. This support is in the form of mentoring, judging science fairs, providing scholarship funds and conducting other activities as planned.
PACA donates money to the following undergraduate scholarship funds established by PACA:
- At the University of New Mexico School of Engineering, the General Samuel C. Phillips Endowed Scholarship Memorial Endowment Scholarship
- At New Mexico State University, School of Engineering, the Richard W. Davis PACA Endowed Scholarship
- At New Mexico Tech, School of Engineering, the Bobby Haddock Memorial Endowment Scholarship
PACA started its first graduate school scholarship, the Hall of Fame Scholarship at the University of New Mexico Foundation/Anderson School, as a way for PACA to commemorate members for their service to PACA. The Hall of Fame scholarship was formed with a donation of $31,379.00 in November of 2012. The first two Hall of Fame inductees are Dick Trask and Hal Shelton.
The Hall of Fame scholarship will be awarded to individuals/students who have an undergraduate degree in science or engineering and want to pursue a Master in Business Administration degree at the Anderson School of Management
$49,083.00 in scholarship checks were presented as part of PACA’s 2012 Holiday luncheon festivities. $ UNM NM Tech, $14,280, NMSU, $17,223. This brought PACA scholarship funds at all three major New Mexico Universities to a $54,000.00
- To UNM, $17,580, was awarded to Dean of the Engineering School, Gruia Catalin Roman, and Mechanical Engineering Dept Chair, Chris Hall
- To NMTech, $14,280, was presented to Dr. Van Romero, VP Research and Melissa Jaramillo, VP for student and university relations
- To NM State University, $17,223, Monica Lopez, Scholarship Coordinator for the Engineering College