The 2018 Briefing For Industry (BFI) Meeting
The 2018 PACA Briefing for Industry (BFI) will be held in Albuquerque, NM on August 13 – 16, 2018, and will provide a comprehensive summary of Department of Defense, Department of Energy and other Government agency’s new business opportunities, plus provide a local and national perspective on Government strategies and future directions. We have had so many requests to present at this PACA BFI’s that we decided to expand the program to three full days. We have already booked the hotel for Monday – Thursday for next year and are planning on three full days of presentations.
Now in its 32nd year, the PACA Briefing for Industry format has been successful for many years and is one of the preeminent events of its kind in the Country. The 2018 event will again be held at the Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town in Albuquerque New Mexico. PACA is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization and any excess revenues received are donated to college scholarship programs.
The conference and the information provided are unclassified. Our attendees are Government contractors and we verify each attendees active DD Form 2345. We control entry into the auditorium. Additional information on PACA and the BFI can be found at https://pacanm.org.
If you were unable to attend the 2017 Briefing for Industry (BFI) here are some of the highlights you missed. The participating agencies described their program objectives, emerging technologies, and identified contracting opportunities over the next several years. The senior officers discussed their vision of the direction for their organization that lies ahead. Our senior leader speakers for the 2017 BFI included the following:
- General Ellen Pawlikowski, Commander, Air Force Material Command
- Lieutenant General John Thompson, Commander, Space and Missile Systems Center
- Major General Scott Jansson, Commander, Nuclear Weapons Center
- Major General Matthew Molloy, Commander, Air Force Operational Test & Evaluation Center
- Major General (Select) William T. Cooley, Commander, Air Force Research Laboratory
- Brigadier General Cauley Von Hoffman, Ogden Air Logistics Complex
The BFI was truly national in scope. There were over 500 attendees representing 22 states at the 2017 BFI. There were 39 large businesses and 86 small businesses represented. 38 presentations were made with from 39 agencies presenting with well over 450 opportunities, ranging from SBIRs, to BAAs, to set-asides, and to full and open opportunities, with a total estimated value over $20.2B. Contact information was provided for the technical points of contact for each procurement opportunity. There were 28 breakout sessions where attendees met with the presenters and staff members to asked questions and obtain additional information. There was opportunity to meet General Officer and Senior Service Executive decision makers. There was ample time for networking and expanding business to business relationships.
The 2017 participants included AFMC Headquarters, AFRL, Nuclear Weapons Center, SMC, PEO for Strategic Systems, HEL-JTO, WSMR, AFOTEC, NNSA, Sandia National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratories, other AFMC agencies, and many others. All of the Government offices that have supported the BFI since its inception, including those at the 2017 BFI, regard it as an excellent opportunity to increase competition for their procurements and broaden the National technology base.
The 2017 BFI attendee comments included:
- The one unique event they look forward to every year, the premier BFI in the U.S.
- General Officer presentations provided great insights on the current direction and priorities for the Air Force
- The focus on the future direction from all levels is instrumental for business development planning
- The Breakout sessions are an added benefit for greater understanding of the Governments needs
- The amount of time for networking with other companies is the best of any conference we attend
- The access to the presenters during breaks was great
Save the date for the 2018 Briefing for Industry – August 13 – 16, 2018 at the same location and plan to be there. We look forward to seeing you in 2018. Check back for updates and information on the 2018 BFI.
For questions or registration help please call our registration staff at 505-796-5660 or toll free 844-CCS-EVNT.